SOUTHEAST SULAWESI, 22 February 2022 – The NSLIC/NSELRED project facilitated the signing of cooperation agreements and mutual agreements between Local Governments, business entities, and micro and small business groups in the province of Southeast Sulawesi.
The Vice Governor of Southeast Sulawesi, Lukman Abunawas expressed his appreciation for the efforts of the Canadian Government through the NSLIC/NSELRED Project in improving business climate in the region.
“This cooperation agreement is an important meaning for the government and the community in building economic strength based on the potential of local resources in order to improve people’s welfare,” he explained.
The parties involved in this cooperation agreement are Kendari City Government, South Konawe Regency Government, Baubau Regency Government, Wakatobi Regency Government, Bombana Regency Government, North Konawe Regency Government, PT. Syngenta Indonesia, RedDoorz, and several business groups.
The following is a description of the cooperation agreements and mutual agreements on the results of the NSLIC/NSELRED Project intervention in the province of Southeast Sulawesi:
Mutual agreement between regions and business entities
- Mutual Agreement between Konawe Selatan Regency and PT. Syngenta Indonesia on the development of agricultural commodities
- Mutual Agreement between Konawe Selatan Regency and Berbangsa Foundation on the development of the tourism sector and creative economy
- Mutual Agreement between Baubau City and Berbangsa Foundation on the development of the tourism sector and creative economy
- Mutual Agreement between Bombana Regency and Berbangsa Foundation on the development of the tourism sector and creative economy
- Mutual Agreement between Wakatobi Regency and Berbangsa Foundation on the development of the tourism sector and creative economy
- Mutual Agreement between Wakatobi Regency and RedDoorz on tourism marketing and promotion
- Mutual Agreement between North Konawe Regency and RedDorz on tourism marketing and promotion
Cooperation agreements between regions and regions
- Cooperation Agreement between Kendari City and South Konawe Regency regarding beef cattle trade, vegetable trade, poultry feed supply, promotion of Namu Tourism Village and Moramo Waterfall at Sumber Sari Village
- Cooperation Agreement between Kendari City and North Konawe Regency regarding tourism promotion in Labengki Village
Cooperation agreement between business and business
- LM3 Al Irsyad Konsel with Pasar Baruga Traders
- Beef Cattle Traders Association and South Konawe Cattle Collector Traders Association
- South Konawe Sabarae Livestock Group with Maju Jaya Sejahtera Cooperative Kendari City
- The Government of South Konawe Regency with PT. Syngenta Indonesia and LM3 Al Irsyad on chili trade
Gayle Barnett as a representative of the Government of Canada said that today’s signing is the result of the efforts of all parties which marks the beginning of what is expected to realize the potential of the local economy. The Government of Canada needs and appreciates the commitment of the Provincial and District Governments to continue and replicate the success stories and activities that have been generated with the support of the NSLIC/NSELRED Project in Southeast Sulawesi Province over the last six years.